Sunday, December 14, 2008

Week 3

Having done a reproductive health course for my masters degree, I have to admit that I am still not fully certain that what I studied is helpful since I am experiencing pregnancy myself. How ironic!

Based on what I know and what I've read from many websites, one has to determine what stage of pregnancy they are at and also most importantly know what their EDD (expected date of delivery) is. Note that I am writing all these assuming, I am pregnant.

So, should I be pregnant now, theoretically I am 3 weeks pregnant.

Weeks 1 and 2 are mostly consumed with ovulation and fertilization process. So, realistically, one is not pregnant, but they still count this as part of the pregnancy term.

Week 3 is thereby implantation stage.

Week 4 is when I should be expecting my period but I should miss it, should I be pregnant.

Let's focus on week 3 for now.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I have been experiencing some feeling from my tummy. Perhaps, I am too paranoid and I really am watching out for any feeling that I may encounter. So far, just some slight discomfort, albeit like period pain although my period is still 10 days away.

Still no spotting nor breast tenderness. I'm beginning to doubt.

a) Perhaps, I didn't ovulate.

b) Perhaps, we missed the egg or we were too early.

c) Perhaps, due to genetic disorder, embryogenesis couldn't take place.

All in all, I think I should cease worrying about whether or not I'm pregnant. Let's just wait for another week!

0 comments:

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008