Sunday, July 12, 2009

32 weeks and counting

Other than the fact that I catch cold quite easily these days, pregnancy has been enjoyable.

Current weight gain stands at 11.5kg. From my latest scan, baby has gained more weight as can tell from her rounded face. I am so excited that she looks more like Andrew ie she inherited his nose (which I'm most glad) and his mouth (not too glad). haha! Still, it has a nice shape!

She's been been very active and I have to watch out for movements every other minute as I have some concerns after I saw the scan. The umbilical cord was wrapping around her neck although Doppler ultrasound (use to measure blood flow in this instance, the umbilical cord) shows the cord was just resting on her neck and not AROUND her neck. Still, if her movements and growth are causing the cord to restrict around her neck, I'm afraid she'll suffocate.. oh dear God. Please see to this matter!

Over the past month, tummy has been growing so fast and when I finally look at my tummy in the mirror one day, I was amazed at how big my tummy was. I am glad I haven't put on weight on any other part of my body, just the tummy and a little in my bum and thigh. Breast wise, hm, I think it only grew half a cup to my disappointment. But amazingly, I am starting to leak milk or rather colostrum (as milk only comes after delivery). So, there you go, the amount of breastmilk does not correlate with the size of the breast. Anyone, can breastfeed!

Sleeping has been difficult. Though my sleep has been cut short every time I make a trip to the loo in the middle of the night, I have had good quality sleep. Never once baby wakes me up with her hyperactive movement and strong kicks. When I try to lie very still, she thinks I'm asleep, so she doesn't move, but the moment I start moving, she will be kicking non-stop. At times, I'm so sure I can feel her tiny fingers scraping the wall of my tummy. It is so hilarious!

Here are some of her latest scan photos:





0 comments:

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008