Saturday, April 11, 2009

More updates

I have been a terrible mummy. I went back to Malaysia and I committed some serious crimes about pregnancy.

1. First of all, I permed my hair. Apparently, the chemicals used can be absorbed through the scalp and into the bloodstream. Although I have already entered the second trimester then, it was still a no-no for mothers-to-be to even perm or dye their hair during pregnancy. I was so oblivious and stupid enough to not realize it before hand until the strong chemical smell actually 'wake' me up my smacking me hard on the head.

2. I had not once, twice but three meals of bakuteh. This was of course not my fault because I cannot impose on my family to eat only what I, the pregnant woman wants to eat. So, I had to go along with others. Bakuteh is quite hard to tell whether it's actually harmful to pregnant women because no one knows for sure what sort of herbs the shops use to make the soup. One of the dangerous herbs is dong-quai which is not good for pregnant women.

3. I had a row with my dad and thought for an instant that I was going to lose my baby. I should have taken things easy and not let anything affect my mood.

Neway, just wanted to update you all with this precious little one of mine.

I am currently 19 weeks going to be 20 soon. Baby is doing extremely fine. Had a scan a couple of days ago and this scan is called the 19-week scan or fetal anomaly scan. As the name tells it, it is used mainly to detect any major abnormalities in the baby. The sonographer basically checked for every part of the body, head, brain, facial structure, hands, legs, tummy, kidney, heart and spine.

All in all, my baby's doing really well. Praise the Lord!

0 comments:

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008