Sunday, January 4, 2009

Lean not on your own understanding

Yesterday, we went to a farm house for a gathering to farewell a couple who's going back to Singapore for good. I wasn't sure if I wanted to break the news to EVERYONE else the attention will be so embarrasing although a couple of them knew about it.

Anyway, we had barbeque and I told hubby beforehand that I cannot take raw meat as they may contain salmonella which is harmful to the baby. Hence, he has to tell the host to cook it in the oven specially for me. From there, everyone got to know I AM pregnant and everyone congratulated me and etc.. I still had some reservations about telling the whole world so early but I guess today's sermon really spoke to me.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding" ~ Proverbs 3:5.

Trust in the Lord that He will help the baby grow healthily to full term (Technically, we should be using the word 'fetus' and not baby but I think my baby is a person hence I'd like to call my baby, baby!).

I am almost a very careful person and I cannot remember the last time I tripped or fall a hard fall. Guess what, I fell at the barbeque!! Everyone was almost panicking but thank God, I supported myself using my hand. Also, because I am a dancer, dancers know how to fall down correctly. Hence, I am pretty sure the baby's fine.

Two days ago, I committed the worst sin ever for a pregnant woman. I was so foolish and ignorant that I ate brie cheese. Hubby already suggested I don't take cheese but I completely ignored him! Cheese such as Brie, Camembert and Danish Blue should be avoided as they are prone for bacteria growth which is listeria and is really harmful to the baby. Yet, I was eating it away happily thinking 'geez, this is a great source of calcium!' How foolish!!

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding" ~ Proverbs 3:5.

Again, the verse above spoke to me especially the latter part. I was totally ignorant and thought I knew it all, but I obviously my judgment was flawed. I can only pray that God be merciful and gracious to us and grant us both good health throughout the whole pregnancy.

Yesterday, I spoke to my sister in law who advised me not to climb the stairs too much. Unfortunately, I live above a double garage, so I have no choice but to climb the stairs everydays. Everyday, I thank God and give Him praise that I don't have any spotting/bleeding.

After church today, I went with my sister for a long walk around the city. It was tiring but I didn't feel any pregnancy symptom. Personally, I'd prefer to have some symptoms so that I know the baby is growing and is still there. But in all situation, I will praise the Lord.

Ok, that's about the update for now. Adios!

3 comments:

Athena

Congratulations my dear! it must be so exciting for you.

Just do everything in moderation and enjoy the pregnancy la! :)

Anonymous

Woo! Just read abt the good news!

Congratulations on being a mommy!

SarahLee

Athena: Thank you.. hope to chat with you soon. All the best with your assignments.

ChewHooi: Thanks.. hope to catch up with you soon. =) Take good care!!

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008