Friday, January 16, 2009

Morning sickness

I've always thought I will be fine with pregnancy and hoped that I will cruise through pregnancy with ease. How wrong! Perhaps, I have never really vomitted, in my whole life probably on 2 accounts I can barely even remember. The point is, I seldom vomit and not much nausea in my whole life, so I cannot really fathom the real feeling during pregnancy. However, since the start of my pregnancy, I already had nausea and my morning sickness only got worse and there were days it were so bad that I literally felt so sick I hardly have the mood to do anything.

Up to now, I am so over nausea even the slightest hint of the feeling just makes it even more revolting. I know.. I am supposed to enjoy my pregnancy. I guess, this is the price to pay for being pregnant. 9 long months, gosh.. I hope my morning sickness will go away soon enough.

I've heard many stories about how pregnant women crave for certain food and how some food even the smell appeals to them even more than before. I guess, I understand why they feel that way now. Personally, it's not craving. It's just food which I reckon, will ease the nausea for example now I only want to take hot noodle soup and anything well, warm. It somehow just helps to soothe the discomfort my body is experiencing. So, it's not that I can't live without certain food, hence not the so-called cravings but rather something to help me feel better.

On another note, I have been eating like a famished animal. I get hungry literally every 2 hours. And then I realized this is going to be detrimental if I continue eating the amount I'm eating and at the rate I'm going. Instead, I started eating snacks like munching an apple, some mixed nuts, some cookies, some wholemeal bread with avocado spread (my favourite) and etc. It's so hard to get any hot food at work, as all they have to offer is pasta. I am so over pasta and it's not as yummy as kway teow soup, tom yum soup.. hm..

Today, Andrew said something which really is beyond my expectation and truly, I was surprised. He said he's actually looking forward to have the baby!! Oh... those words really melt my heart. From someone who was so adamant about not having kids and is put off even with the idea of having kids to utter these words, it's just amazing. How God can change things and soften one's heart. I was worried sick for nothing, afraid he can't cope with kids, afraid he will break down when the kids are so disobedient and so on.

Lesson to be learned from here is to totally submit to God and rely on Him. As children of God, we cannot be fearful about the future for we know that for those who love God, that is, for those who are called according to his purpose, all things will work together for good (Romans 8:28).

That's all the update for now.

1 comments:

Anonymous

Amen to Romans 8:28 in all things jie! =)

p/s: you should post your preggie photos soon! ahh.... i'll take photos of them when i see you next month! =)

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008