Monday, August 3, 2009

Packing my hospital bag

I've been gaining weight steadily, currently weight stands at 13kg, which is perfect as I've only 1 more month to go. Blood pressure's perfect too, and has been 100/60 all throughout pregnancy.

Anyway, I was talking some new mums, basically fishing for advice and I've been reminded again to start packing my bag, cuz I'll never know when baby's coming.

So, finally I've done it a few days ago and here's the list:

For Me

  • Birth plan – in case they ask
  • Personal details – medicare Card, HCF customer number, antenatal card
  • Clothes
o Pyjamas – sarongs (x2), pants, baggy t-shirts, front button shorts
o Inner garments – undies, maternity feeding bras (x2), usual bra
o Check out from hospital – dress?
o Thick socks
o Towel
o Face towel (x2)
o Hot water bottle
o Sweater/warm jacket
  • Toiletries
o Shampoo, soap, comb, toothbrush & toothpaste, deodorant, powder, elastic band,
skin care products, small packet of tissue, plastic bag for dirty laundry, make up

  • Essentials
o Breast pads, sanitary pads, nipple cream, slipper

  • Notepad and pen
  • Snacks – lollies/biscuits

For Andrew
  • Change of clothes – shirt, pants, pyjamas, underwear, etcBulleted List
  • Snacks
  • Movies – Boston Legal
  • PS2
  • Laptop

For missy
  • Car Seat
  • Outfit for trip home
  • Baby blanket
  • Receiving blanket
  • Nappies, wipes
  • Socks, mittens, hat
  • Muslin wraps
  • Toiletries
o Shampoo (J&J), Bath (Top to Toe), Baby's lotion, Baby's oil, Powder, Cotton buds,
Cotton wool, pacifier

Last minute items
  • Mobile phone
  • Camera/charger
  • Hair dryer
  • Handbag
I know, you must think I'm packing like I'm going for holiday! haha.. well, I get to stay at this very expensive hospital, with my own room for 5 days. Best of all, my private health fund pays for the accommodation, so what the heck! I'm going to enjoy my stay there as long as I can.
Hopefully I don't miss anything.

6 comments:

Anonymous

Hey Sarah, congratulations! Hope you take FULL ADVANTAGE of being at the hospital, make sure you hand missy over to the nurses if/when you/Andrew have had enough of sleeplessness! My stay at the local maternity ward was so nice, was waited on hand and foot that I didn't want to leave! Good luck, you'll do fine! Love Jin Lian, Matthew and Lily (almost 6 months!) xxx

SarahLee

Hi Jin Lian, really nice to hear from you! We always hear about you from Yen Siew. Hope you are keeping well yourself =)

I'm so excited now, I can't wait for the baby to pop. And I'm going to adore her and I think I only want her to myself! haha =) But yes, talking about sleepless nights and possible days, Andrew thinks the end of the world is near!

Anonymous

Apart from constant exhaustion, all good! Yes Andrew is right, but you'll enjoy it nonetheless! I was changing Lily this morning and she looks so much bigger than when she was first born, I kind of miss her being a wee one!

All the best you'll be great. Please send my love to Andrew

Grace

hey Sarah,
you should bring your hairdryer and a nice dress to the hospital.
The dryer is for drying your hair if you gonna wash your hair there.
North Shore Private will provide you and your husband a nice candlelight dinner on the last day of your stay, so make sure you dress nicely and take some photos while you are there.

Grace

by the way, is the husband allowed to stay over night with you? Joe was prohibited to stay there with me overnight when I was in the hospital before....

SarahLee

Oh thanks Grace for the tips. Will bring a nice clothes for that purpose. Yeah, I don't think anyone's allowed to stay overnight with me. The meals are for me only during the 4-5 nights stay. But if normal delivery, max 4 nights, whereas C-section 5 nights. The meals better be good, dem AUD950 a night! But thank God for HCF!

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008